Workforce Healthcare helps employers provide occupational healthcare to their employees to prevent the risk of liability and avoid the implications of non-compliance to the Occupational Health and Safety Act (Act 85 of 1993).
Health Risk Assessments
A risk assessment will be done through an inspection of the premises and work processes. This process is done jointly with Health & Safety Coordinators, Hygienists and Medical Practitioners. While performing this function, the risks will be outlined and recommendations made.
The establishment of this programme is based on the results received from the Health Risk Assessment (HRA), with the purpose being to ensure:
- Compliance to the Occupational Health and Safety Act or Mine Health and Safety Act?
- Employees are protected from acquiring an Occupational disease or injury
- The health of employees who are exposed to certain hazards such as high noise levels, hazardous chemicals etc.
Our Occupational Healthcare programme also helps employees who perform specific work tasks (e.g. Respirator use, driving commercial vehicles) that require a certain degree of health and fitness to assure employee and / or public health and safety.
We manage the entire disability process in conjunction with the 600SA HR Department. This ensures that all legislative and medical requirements are met for a smooth, timeous and cost-effective completion of the entire disability process.
An Occupational Healthcare nurse will have a written protocol from the company medical officer to follow in the case of each type of emergency. Emergency drugs are part of the start-up medical stock as per the amendment. Both drugs and emergency equipment are checked as per defined protocol for accessibility and validity.
Workforce Healthcare helps you manage absenteeism by managing, monitoring, reporting and analysing absenteeism trends, as well as managing any intervention in the case of excessive sick leave from one employee.
Other services include:
- Substance Abuse Management
- HIV/AIDS Testing, Management and Support
- First Aid Training
- Health & Safety Committee
- Mobile or Fixed Medical Screening
- Onsite or Offsite Clinics
- Integration with an Employee Assistance Programme
- Legal Compliance and Insurance
- Data Management Programme
- Storage of Files